– Red Light District tour with a local guide & these ex-prostitutes
– Hear what it’s like to be prostitutes (for 50 years!)
– Meet & greet Holland’s most famous former prostitutes
– Secret & funny stories from the Fokkens twins
– History of the Red Light District
– World’s First Condom Shop
– Details of sex work
– Narrowest alley
– Old Church
– Cannabis Shop
– Window Brothels & Prostitutes
– Amsterdam architecture
– Ask Martine & Louise Fokkens anything you like
– Take a picture with them
* Duration: 1,5 hours.
* Next availability: July 6th.
* Further availability: more tour dates here.
* Hosted: Every Saturday.
* Price: 30 euro per person.
* Language: English (Dutch via email request only).
* Attendees: min. 10 persons.
* Group size: max. 18 persons.
Join this exclusive Red Light District Tour and meet Holland’s most famous twin prostitutes in Amsterdam. Most locals know them as the “The Old Hookers” (or in Dutch: De Ouwe Hoeren). This is how the twins named themselves. Their real names are Martine & Louise Fokkens. These Dutch twin prostitutes are now 76 years old & have worked in Red Light District for 50 years! They started here in the 1960’s. Louise first and Martine followed two years later.
They’ve retired some years ago and would love to share their fascinating stories with the world. During this tour, we’ll walk through the Red Light District, explore all the best hidden places together with world’s most famous twin prostitutes. Take a picture with them and ask them anything you like.
– Minimum attendees: 10
– Start: 4 PM
– Languages: English and Dutch available
– Duration: 1,5 hours
An online reservation is required.
“We took a tour of the red light district and met the lovely twins “The Fokkens”….We met our guide on dam square and went into the red light district, stopped off in a few tourist spots, seen some of the girls working and had a history lesson from Elard, after this we went to the dolls museum which was strange but good fun. A few glasses of wine & a good natter plus photos with the twins we headed off to enjoy the rest of the night. Great if your looking for an activity for a hen party.”