Our brand-new app offers an audio tour to explore Amsterdam’s Red Light District whenever you like. Experience Amsterdam’s most famous area together with your virtual audio tour guide Sophie and “meet” 22 experts along the way. Start, pause or finish whenever you like.
– World’s First Condom Shop
– Red & blue-lit window brothels
– Explanation of Dutch culture
– History of Amsterdam
– Coffeeshops (= Cannabis shops)
– Latin-American corner with prostitutes
– Magic Mushroom Shop
– Narrow alleys with window brothels
– Last Peep Show of Amsterdam
– “De Zeedijk” a.k.a. Chinatown
– Amsterdam architecture like “De Waag”
– Oldest building of Amsterdam
– And much more…
* Language: English.
* Duration: max. 1u 50m
* Required: Smartphone & headset.
* Included: GPS-map, many pictures and stories
* Not required: Internet connection during the tour.
* Download file size app: 42 mb.
* Price: 4,99 euro per download.
During this audio tour our virtual local guide Sophie will accompany you as you pass by the most beautiful & important highlights of the Red Light District. Experts and locals will “meet” you along the way (via audio) at certain stops. You hear the following experts about the subjects they know best.
1. Patrick – Red Light District police officer.
2. Jerzy Gawronski – Amsterdam’s city archaeologist & professor of maritime.
3. Veronique Verschueren – Founder of a “smart shop” in the Red Light District.
4. August de Loor – Drug consultant and researcher.
5. Walther Schoonenberg – Amsterdam’s best architectural historian.
6. Russell Shorto – An American historian and author specialised in the history of Amsterdam.
7. Birgit Buchner – Director of a hidden catholic church museum.
8. Dennis de Borst – CEO of Amsterdam’s famous FEBO fastfood chain.
9. Kate Lister (UK) – University lecturer & researcher on the history of sexuality. Owner of the Twitter-account Whores of Yore.
10. Hugo van Heijningen – Founder of Red Light Radio (in a former window brothel).
11. Herman Vuijsje – Famous Dutch sociologist and writer.
12. Mariska Majoor – Holland’s most well known sex worker activist.
13. Elard Tissot van Patot – Company owner of Amsterdam Red Light District Tours.
14. Theodoor van Boven – Founder of world’s first condom shop.
15. Kasia – Romanian window prostitute.
16. Martine & Louise Fokkens – Dutch twin sisters who have been prostitutes for 50 years.
17. Jan Otten – Owner of Casa Rosso & Sex Palace Peep Show.
18. Lyle Muns – Male sex worker & local politician.
19. Piet Middelkoop – Ex-cop who worked in the Red Light District during the rough 1980’s.
20- Henny Tinga – Front woman of Amsterdam’s Salvation Army.
21 – Diana van Laar – Owner of the first gay bar in Amsterdam.
Simply buy the Amsterdam Audio Tours app in the App store here. After you’ve bought the app you’ll have to download the Red Light District Tour. Simply press the download button once you open the app and click “start tour”. The first page that you’ll see contains all the instructions for ease of use. After that you can simply follow the GPS-map. You can pause or stop the tour where- and whenever you like and simply pick up later where you left off.