✦ Stories of 22 experts
✦ World’s first condom shop ✦ Sex workers
✦ Window brothels ✦ Cannabis shops
✦ Blue Light District ✦ Magic Mushroom Shop
✦ Canals ✦ Narrow alleys ✦ Chinatown ✦ FEBO
✦ Nieuwmarkt & De Waag ✦ The Old Church
✦ Language: English.
✦ Duration: 1 hour & 50 minutes
✦ Required: Smartphone & headset.
✦ Included: GPS-map, many pictures and stories
✦ Not required: Internet connection during tour
✦ Price: 4,99 euro
Learn everything about the Red Light District from the real experts, with the convenience of your smartphone.
Our app Amsterdam Audio Tours offers a Red Light District audio tour with stories from 22 experts, a virtual guide and dozens of photos. Start, pause or finish whenever you like.
With the app Amsterdam Audio Tours you can discover the Red Light District on your schedule, at your pass. Navigate the so called ‘Wallen’ area with the help of virtual tour guide Sophie, GPS and 22 experts that you’ll ‘meet’ along the way. They will share their expertise that is linked to the Amsterdam Red Light District area.
With this Red Light District audio tour you won’t be shackled to a tour group. Your eyes won’t be glued to guide books or gadgets. Just keep your eyes open and follow Sophie’s lead. You’ll safely walk down back alleys and push through secret passageways, to where the real hart of Amsterdam beats.
The app contains stories the following 22 experts:
1. Patrick – Amsterdam Red Light District police officer.
2. Jerzy Gawronski – Amsterdam’s city archaeologist.
3. Veronique Verschueren – Founder of magic mushroom shop Kokopelli.
4. August de Loor – Drug consultant and researcher.
5. Walther Schoonenberg – Amsterdam’s architectural historian.
6. Russell Shorto – An American historian and author specialised in the history of Amsterdam.
7. Birgit Buchner – Director of a hidden Catholic Church Museum.
8. Dennis de Borst – CEO of the famous Dutch FEBO fastfood chain.
9. Dr. Kate Lister – Researcher on the history of sexuality & Twitter-account owner Whores of Yore.
10. Hugo van Heijningen – Founder of Red Light Radio.
11. Herman Vuijsje – Dutch sociologist and writer.
12. Mariska Majoor – Holland’s most well known sex worker activist.
13. Elard Tissot van Patot – CEO of Amsterdam Red Light District Tours.
14. Theodoor van Boven – Founder of The Condomerie.
15. Kasia – Romanian window prostitute.
16. Martine & Louise Fokkens – Twin sisters who worked as prostitutes for 50 years.
17. Jan Otten – Owner of Casa Rosso & Sex Palace Peep Show.
18. Lyle Muns – Male sex worker & local politician.
19. Piet Middelkoop – Ex-cop who worked in the Red Light District in the 1980’s.
20. Henny Tinga – Front woman of Amsterdam’s Salvation Army.
21. Diana van Laar – Owner of the first gay bar in Amsterdam.
Bring friends if you want. You can listen together. The virtual tour guide will point out all the wonders in Amsterdam’s Red Light District. We’ll peel back layers of history as if the walls could talk.
Purchase the Amsterdam Audio Tours app. After you’ve bought the app you’ll have to download the Red Light District Tour. Simply press the download button once you open the app and click “start tour”. The first page that you’ll see contains all the instructions for ease of use.
After that you can simply follow the GPS-map. You can pause or stop the tour where- and whenever you like and simply pick up later where you left off.