Our app Amsterdam Audio Tours offers a Red Light District audio tour. Experience Amsterdam’s famous ‘Wallen‘ area together with a virtual audio tour guide Sophie and “meet” 22 experts along the way. Start, pause or finish whenever you like.
– Stories of 22 experts
– World’s First Condom Shop
– Red & blue-lit window brothels
– Explanation of Dutch culture
– History of Amsterdam
– Prostitutes stories
– Coffeeshops (= Cannabis shops)
– Latin-American corner with prostitutes
– Magic Mushroom Shop
– Narrow alleys with window brothels
– Last Peep Show of Amsterdam
– De Zeedijk a.k.a. Chinatown
– De Waag & Nieuwmarkt
– Oldest building of Amsterdam
– And much more…
* Language: English.
* Duration: max. 1u 50m
* Required: Smartphone & headset.
* Included: GPS-map, many pictures and stories
* Not required: Internet connection during the tour.
* Download file size app: 42 mb.
* Price: 4,99 euro per download.
With the app Amsterdam Audio Tours you can discover the Red Light District on your schedule, at your pass. Navigate the so called ‘Wallen’ area with the help of virtual tour guide Sophie, GPS and 22 expert that you’ll ‘meet’ along the way.
With this Red Light District audio tour you won’t be shackled to a tour group. Your eyes won’t be glued to guide books or gadgets. Just keep your eyes open and follow Sophie’s lead. You’ll safely walk down back alleys and push through secret passageways, to where the real hart of Amsterdam beats.
The app contains stories the following 22 experts:
1. Patrick – Red Light District police officer.
2. Jerzy Gawronski – Amsterdam’s city archaeologist & professor of maritime.
3. Veronique Verschueren – Founder of a “smart shop” in the Red Light District.
4. August de Loor – Drug consultant and researcher.
5. Walther Schoonenberg – Amsterdam’s best architectural historian.
6. Russell Shorto – An American historian and author specialised in the history of Amsterdam.
7. Birgit Buchner – Director of a hidden catholic church museum.
8. Dennis de Borst – CEO of Amsterdam’s famous FEBO fastfood chain.
9. Kate Lister (UK) – University lecturer & researcher on the history of sexuality. Owner of the Twitter-account Whores of Yore.
10. Hugo van Heijningen – Founder of Red Light Radio (in a former window brothel).
11. Herman Vuijsje – Famous Dutch sociologist and writer.
12. Mariska Majoor – Holland’s most well known sex worker activist.
13. Elard Tissot van Patot – Company owner of Amsterdam Red Light District Tours.
14. Theodoor van Boven – Founder of world’s first condom shop.
15. Kasia – Romanian window prostitute.
16. Martine & Louise Fokkens – Dutch twin sisters who have been prostitutes for 50 years.
17. Jan Otten – Owner of Casa Rosso & Sex Palace Peep Show.
18. Lyle Muns – Male sex worker & local politician.
19. Piet Middelkoop – Ex-cop who worked in the Red Light District during the rough 1980’s.
20- Henny Tinga – Front woman of Amsterdam’s Salvation Army.
21 – Diana van Laar – Owner of the first gay bar in Amsterdam.
Bring friends if you want. You can listen together. The virtual tour guide will point out all the wonders in the Red Light District. We’ll peel back layers of history as if the walls could talk.
Simply buy the Amsterdam Audio Tours app in the App store here. After you’ve bought the app you’ll have to download the Red Light District Tour. Simply press the download button once you open the app and click “start tour”. The first page that you’ll see contains all the instructions for ease of use. After that you can simply follow the GPS-map. You can pause or stop the tour where- and whenever you like and simply pick up later where you left off.