– The Old Church, Amsterdam’s oldest building.
– Dam Square
– The Royal Palace
– The Dutch stock exchange
– Amsterdam’s UNESCO canal ring
– The Anne Frank House (no entry)
– Anne Frank’s statue
– Typical (old) Dutch canal houses
– Amsterdam’s 2nd Red Light District: Singel-area
– Window brothels & prostitution
– History of the Dutch slave trade
– Cannabis shops (aka Coffeeshops)
– Amsterdam’s oldest café
– The VOC; world’s first corporation
– The Wester Church
– And much more…
* Group size: Max. 20 persons.
* Available: every Thursday, Friday & Saturday.
* Hosted: 2 pm.
* Duration: 1.45 hours.
* Price: 17.50 euro per person.
* Language: English.
* Where is the meeting point?
Due to many requests from customers for more tour options we’ve decided to also start offering other types of tours through Amsterdam. During this Amsterdam History Tour prostitution will also be discussed and Amsterdam’s second Red Light District (Singel-area) will be visited, but they play a minor part in this tour in comparison to our Red Light District tours.
Your reservation will go through our Tours in Amsterdam booking system.
Get acquainted with Amsterdam’s rich history and the culture of its people during our Amsterdam History Tour. Our experienced and funny local guides will take you on an engrossing cultural walking tour along Amsterdam’s historic canals and through its medieval center. During this 1.45 hour tour our guides will explain the appearance of the now world famous Dutch tolerance and freedom and how these values lead to Amsterdam’s financial development; turning a meagre fishing town in a swampy area into the center for globalisation. Our guides will expound on how these same values still shape the attitudes of the people of Amsterdam. This Amsterdam History Tour is a great way to get to know the city and to see the city’s most spectacular sights. Don’t forget to bring a fully charged camera! 🙂
The meeting point for the Amsterdam History Tour is 2 meters in front of the white National Monument on Dam Square, Amsterdam’s main square. Our tour guides always wear a black hat with our logo on it: a red light. They also have a black umbrella with the same logo on it. The guide will be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the tour starts.