– Coffeeshops (= cannabis shops)
– Smartshops – offering legal magic truffles, psychedelic drugs & laughing gas
– Sniff cacao
– China Town & Buddhistic Temple
– Zeedijk street – Former no-go-area during heroin epidemic in 1980’s.
– Chet Baker’s memorial (famous trompettist & drug addict)
– Spui Square – where Amsterdam’s (drug) cultural revolution started
– VOC building – former government drug trading company
– Amsterdam Stock Exchange – that trade stocks from the Dutch Cocaine Factory
– Rokin street
– And much more…
* Group size: Max. 20 persons.
* Available: every Friday & Saturday.
* Hosted: 2 pm.
* Duration: 1.45 hours.
* Price: 19.50 euro per person.
* Language: English.
* Available from: 31 January 2020
This informative and fun Amsterdam Drugs Tour goes through the city centre and explains everything about legal and illegal drugs in the Netherlands.
During this tour our local guides explain everything there is to know about drugs in Amsterdam and the city’s liberal drug policy. Get informed about cannabis, XTC, cocaine, alcohol, magic truffles, heroin, laughing gas, ketamine and whatnot. Hear how Dutch views on drugs changed through the decades, how the Dutch deal with drug related challenges and why these policies are still being questioned in 2020.
Fun fact: Amsterdam used to have its own legal cocaine factory. People could invest in the Dutch Cocaine Factory via the stockmarket.
“Are all drugs legal in Amsterdam?” “Why does the Netherlands have such a liberal drug policy?” “Why are the ports in the Netherlands used for cocaine distribution throughout Europe?” “What percentage of the Dutch population uses cannabis?” “How is it possible that addiction care is free in the Netherlands?”
We’ll tell you all and much more during this awesome tour!
In the Netherlands, cannabis shops are called coffeeshops. This is more than ‘just’ an Amsterdam Coffeeshop Tour! Our super exciting Amsterdam Drugs Tour explains everything about all legal & illegal drugs in the Netherlands. Coffeeshops have been selling cannabis in Amsterdam since 1972. Experience Amsterdam’s 2nd coffeeshop (the first one – Mellow Yellow – got shut down) and get educated about the Dutch tolerant drug approach. Buying and selling cannabis is allowed but producing cannabis for commercial reasons is forbidden and illegal. So, who grows the cannabis? We will explain it all during our Amsterdam Drugs Tour!
Within less than two hours you’ll understand the liberal drug policy while seeing the best highlights in Amsterdam’s city centre.